- Respond from a place of healing and not from a place of hurt. (Romans 12:21)
- See everyone through the eyes of eternity. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
- My job is what I do, not who I am. I am a Christian, a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Galatians 3:26)
- An essential part of friendship is spiritual accountability. (Proverbs 27:5-6)
- It’s impossible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature. (1 Corinthians 14:20)
- Forgiveness is a choice not a feeling. (Colossians 3: 13)
- When it’s from God, there is a peace, a genuineness and a pureness about it. (Whether it’s an opportunity, a relationship, or a friendship) (Psalm 77:13)
- There is nothing to prove, Christ is all the approval and validation I need. (2 Corinthians 3:4-5)
- Life is not about getting people to like you, but about God getting His glory and His love to shine through you. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3, 1 Corinthians 5:20)
- I am not promised to live to be old in age. What’s most important is not how long I live upon this earth, but HOW I live on this earth. Whether I die at age 30 or age 90, if I die in the Lord, I am blessed! (Romans 14:8-9, Ecc 3:2, Rev 14:13)
- Guard your heart, don’t wall your heart. (Proverbs 4:23)
- True friendship has no specific age or race. (Proverbs 12:26, Proverbs 17:17)
- Do not allow past hurts to keep you in fear. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Everyday stand in AWE of God. (Psalm 2:11, Psalm 33:8)
- Life is not in material possessions, money, or traveling. Real life is knowing God, being connected to God and staying in communication with God every moment of every day. (Luke 12:15, Psalm 65:4)
- I was put here to speak of the gospel of Christ and to live out the gospel of Christ. (Galatians 2:20, Philippians 3:10)
- There is LOVE and LIFE after heartbreak. (Psalm 147:3, Psalm 73:26)
- Never silence who you are and who God created you to be for the sake of people. (Psalm 139:13-14, Job 33:4, Ephesians 2:10)
- Marriage is a covenant that should never be taken lightly. There’s a sacredness, a self-lessness , and a sovereignty towards marriage & God that should always be upheld. (Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:25-33)
- Real commitment is staying true to what you said even in moments where you don’t feel like it. (Galatians 6:9, Proverbs 10:4)
- Compassion is birthed from love. Compassion is medicine that has the power to touch emotional and spiritual wounds. When people realize you care, it softens them and it heals them. (Colossians 3:12, Matthew 14:14)
- Many times we hang our own private expectations over people and then we get mad when they don’t meet it. People were not created to live in our personal expectation of them. We were created to live in the grace and mercy of God and allow the grace and mercy we receive from Him, overflow onto others. People don’t need our expectations of them. They need grace and mercy! (Psalm 86:15, Eph 2:4-5, 1 John 4:7-8)
- The best day on this earth, doesn’t even begin to compare to how awesome Heaven with God will be! (1 Corinthians 2:9, Rev 7:13-17)
- I was created to give and to serve others. Most importantly I was created to serve the AWESOME and HOLY GOD! Every day I should seek to live a life of servitude! (Galatians 5:13, Matthew 23:11, Romans 12:11)
- God gives me permission to cry. Some emotions are too great to hold in. It’s ok to release. There’s no shame in tears. (Psalm 56:8-9, Psalm 34:17)
- God loves me. I mean REALLY loves me!! And it’s AHHH-mazing!! I’m humbled by his love, and beyond grateful for it every single day! (Romans 5:8, Romans 8:37-39, John 3:16)
Amen Ashley! Great 26, I needed this God is always on time when you need HIM so thank you for the message and continued blessings and walking in God glory with your life!
FABULOUS – thank you for your servitude and wisdom helping us all to continue to learn and grow each day. You are very loved and appreciated.
I was so uplifted by this. Really. There’s a blessing in every lesson. Thank you. Stay on purpose. I am excited about what God will do through you. Forever grateful that God gave you to me.
This was an interesting read. Number 22 has really been a lesson that has helped me navigate relationships of all sorts (siblings, friends, brother/sisters in Christ, ect.). I believe that one of the most valuable traits in life is to be able to look at oneself and honestly and accurately evaluate where you are strong and where you are weak. In sharing your learned lessons, maybe you help someone else to avoid having to learn them the hard way (or the 26 year way lol!). Good job!
Amen to everything you said! Glory be to God.